Email Access from Microsoft Outlook Express
The instructions provided in this section were verified against Microsoft Outlook Express 6. They may not work with earlier or later versions of Microsoft Outlook Express.
To set up Microsoft Outlook Express:
- Open Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Go to Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Add button and select the Mail item.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in any messages you send, and click Next.
5. Type your email address, and click Next.
6. Specify the following settings:
- Protocol of your incoming mail server:
If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option. If you do not want to keep any messages on the server, select the POP3 option - Further information can be found here
- Incoming mail server: If your email address is email@example.com then your incoming mail server will be mail.example.com
- Outgoing mail server: If your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then your outgoing mail server will be mail.example.com
7. Click Next
8. Specify the following:
- Account name: Type your full email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: This is the full, case sensitive password as provided by us, kaweb.
- Remember password checkbox. Leave it selected if you do not want to be prompted to enter password each time your email program connects to the mail server to check for new mail, and click Next.
9. To complete setting up your email program, click Finish
Note: for IMAP users, you will need to go to More Settings, Advanced, and in the "root folder path" type INBOX.