The difference between POP and IMAP, at a glance
POP3 downloads your emails and removes them from the server as they are received on your device.
- Backing up and Archiving email is your responsibility.
- Does not count towards an email quota.
- New emails are only accessible on the first device to download them.
IMAP stores your emails on the kaweb server, this requires available mailbox storage - if you run out of space you will need to archive your emails or pay for additional storage.
- Backing up email is also partially our responsibility.
- Archiving email to maintain your mailbox is your responsibility.
- Because emails can be stored on the server emails can be accessed on multiple devices simultaneously.
- You can hit your mailbox quota limit and stop receiving emails at any point.